“It used to be startling to see a fox in London — impossible not to feel that the city had slipped into a fable. Now you spot them on any late-night jog. In 2011, one of these agents of animal chaos infiltrated the Shard — at 32 London Bridge, the city’s unfinished tallest building — and climbed a thousand feet above the streets to live on builders’ scraps.”
And sadly creeping out of Nunhead Cemetary to kill my chickens. :(
Lots to love in China Miéville’s portait of London, but this piece of oddness stood out. That’s my city, right there.
Via someone who I forget, but I only actually got around to reading it due to Theremina.
- rolledtrousers likes this
- clintgreen reblogged this from kierongillen
- imathers likes this
- mitsurugireiji reblogged this from kierongillen
- totalefinsternis likes this
- ramblerplanetaryservice likes this
- fulltimecosmicprince reblogged this from kierongillen
- frankenlincoln reblogged this from kierongillen
- saraqael reblogged this from kierongillen
- kierongillen posted this